Saturday, February 7, 2009

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

The premier dog show, the Westminster Kennel Club show will be televised on USA Monday and Tuesday evenings. Only AKC champions may be entered, and the top 5 winners in the country in 2008 will be allowed to enter early. The balance of the limit of 2500 entries will fill soon after that. Unfortunately not all the breeds will be represented but given the potential for nasty weather, and the expense of traveling and room and board in NYC, an amazing number of dedicated dog lovers will be there to show, with pride, their special entry.
Watch for the Pointer, the English Setter and the Pug. A breed new to AKC recognition and one that will be entered at Westminster is the dog de bordeaux. A puss only a mother could love. Oh well, to each his own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think any dog can beat the beagle from last year. I just love that dog.

Puppies & Prose said...

I'm with you there. What a little show man he was, barking to get the judge's attention. I truly have a soft spot in my heart for beagles. They were the first breed we exhibited.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I sure enjoy your blog and the informative information about the dog show. I like to watch the animals at the show.