Monday, December 29, 2008

Bezerk Chipmunk

I was nearly asleep when Joe crashed into the bedroom door. Normally he is a well behaved and quiet dog, particularly at night when we all settle down. I shooed him out and Warren said we had a Chipmunk in the house...streaking to the pantry, climbing clothes to the top shelf in the closet, down the hall and back again so fast Joe had trouble keeping up with him. Just then I heard a slight noise under the sewing machine in the bedroom. I yelled for Joe who tore in the bedroom and froze on the corner from where I heard the rustle. He stood like a pointer, barely breathing. Warren had opened the door in the living room. Joe routed him out and like a tiny rocket the chipmunk scooted down the hall and out the door. Don't ask. I haven't a clue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But then to my eyes should appear a tiny sleigh with 8 tiny reindeer, with a driver not in a red suit.....gosh darn, it was that chipmunk guiding the sleigh and he gave us a chuckle and heckle for JOE and drove out of sight. Yikes such a night

anon. Lois

Glenda Council Beall said...

That sounds like one wild night. Barry had a funny chipmunk story with our cat who brought one up on the deck and jumped in his lap. He tried to rescue the poor little chipmunk by knocking it off the deck which was a ways from the cat, but I'm not sure the little critter lived.