Thursday, January 1, 2009

Equine Second Chance

Kathy and I visited the farm with sixty abused or abandoned horses. We took a bag of apples which was appreciated by the horses. We met Chance, the namesake for the farm and Chief a paint turned over to the farm by his owners. They said they couldn't afford to have him treated after he got tangled in barbed wire. A handsome bay 17 hands high will go to W. Virginia as a jumper early this month. The pictures of this horse before coming to Second Chance were shocking. He was all bones.

Warren and I plan to attend the Lippizan Stallions at WCU on January 15. We never thought we'd have the opportunity in the mountains.

1 comment:

Glenda Council Beall said...

I'm so happy someone is rescuing horses and helping find homes for them. I still want to go out there sometime.
Is this a non-profit group? How do they afford all the expense of taking care of these horses?

We saw the white stallions some years ago and it was a fabulous show. I was amazed. I hope to see them again one day.
When will they be at WCU?