Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Big One

For my followers who love dogs. If you thought Westminster dog show with 2500 dogs entered is big, think again. Starting next week Crufts in Birmington England is a three day show with total of 28,000 dogs. Handlers and dogs from America are frequent winners. In 2007 it was the Tibetan Terrier and last year it was the Australian Shepherd. At some point I am sure much will be televised on Animal Planet. At the end of the show, one dog will be crowned the best of 28,000.

3 comments:

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Shirley, keep us posted on which dog wins this show. It sounds huge. Have you ever been to it?
Sam

Dirtman said...

I read on the Crufts web site that they will be streaming the show live each day on the website. Of course an 8:30 am start in England means I will either need to stay up until 3:30 am or get up at 3:30 (suspect it will be easier to stay up than get up) to watch the Australian Shepherd class.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Shirley, which dog won? I must have missed it on TV.
When you get a chance, stop by my kitchen. I have an award for you.
Sam